Latest TCAG Events
- January 30, 2019
TorBUG - Jennifer Gardy, UBC School of Population and Public Health
- November 28, 2018
TorBUG - Andrew Doxey, UWO
The Reactome Database - "hands-on" training
The Ontario Genomics Institute (OGI), The Centre for Applied Genomics and the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) are co-hosting some "hands-on" training in the Sickkids computer training rooms about the Reactome Pathway Database (http://www.reactome.org) - a freely available, manually-curated resource of core biological pathways. The Reactome database offers pathway data encapsulating areas of human biology ranging from basic pathways of metabolism to complex events such as GPCR signaling and apoptosis.
This training session will introduce the updated website with a more intuitive user interface and a new suite of data analysis tools. Learn to use this database through case studies from various research groups through demo data sets and hands-on exercises.
The training will be facilitated by Dr. Robin Haw, Manager of Reactome Outreach, OICR, and will cover how to use the updated Reactome resource for:
- Browsing and searching pathway knowledge
- Integrating network and pathway data
- Using pathway and expression analysis tools to analyze experimental datasets
- Annotating experimental datasets with Reactome BioMart
- Introducing use cases for Reactome data and analysis tools
Attendance is limited. Therefore attendees will ONLY be able to register for one of the two hour sessions listed below:
- Thursday June 2, 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday June 2, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Friday June 3, 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday June 3, 1 to 3 p.m.
How to register
Make sure to provide your name, title, institution and valid email address so that we can send you an email with details and instructions on how to get to the training session.
Feel free to pass on this link to any of your colleagues who may benefit from learning about this valuable resource.