Latest TCAG Events
Toronto Bioinformatics User Group
Be sure and join us for this month's TorBUG.
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 in the Red Room (CCBR, 160 College St, Toronto), the Toronto's Bioinformatics User Group (TorBUG) will be hosting our next guest speaker: Jason Williams, Assistant Director, CSHL DNA Learning Center.
- 4 to 4:15 p.m. - Trainee Speaker: Mehran Karimzadeh, PhD Candidate, Hoffman Lab, (CCBR Red Room) will speak on "Virtual ChIP-seq: predicting transcription factor binding by learning from the transcriptome."
- 4:15 to 5 p.m. - Guest Speaker: Jason Williams, Assistant Director, CSHL DNA Learning Centre (CCBR, Red Room) will speak on "The Bioinformatics Training Landscape."
- 5 to 7 p.m. Reception
Come be a part of TorBUG. Meet new colleagues, discuss current hot topics over pizza and refreshments, enjoy and partake in your community's bioinformatics network!
Link to our Google calendar of events: https://email@example.com
Visit www.torbug.org for more information or to volunteer!
The TorBUG team:
- Michelle Brazas, OICR
- Albi Celaj, Roth Lab, U of Toronto
- Benjamin Haibe-Kains, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, UHN & Dept. Medical Biophysics, U of Toronto
- Michael Liang, Wilson Lab, SickKids
- Ann Meyer, OICR
- Dennis McCormac, TCAG/OGI
- Nicholas Provart, Cell and Systems Biology, U of Toronto
- Joseph Somody, OICR
- Taraneh Zarin, Moses Lab, U of Toronto